How to book a ticket for an event
You can view our video on booking via a mobile device here.
1. Navigate to the booking page via the link provided by the event organiser (this could be via social media, their website or email). The page should look similar to this -
Bookwhen will never ask you for an 'account name', 'sector', or 'timezone' in order to complete a booking - if you are asked to do so you have strayed onto the Bookwhen software page (for event organisers) and should navigate back to the booking link (see finding your event).
2. Select the event you wish to attend from the schedule, you may need to adjust the date filter at the top of the section if the event you wish to attend is in the future (see finding your event for more information).
3. Select your ticket(s) and use the + and - symbols to add more or fewer tickets, as required. If you need other tickets, for different events, locate them on the schedule and select them. Once you are ready to book your tickets click on view selections to progress to your basket, all of your selections are saved here.
You can always navigate back to the schedule is you want to add more tickets, and use the grey 'x' to remove any tickets you don't want -
4. If you have a discount code you can enter it on the confirmation screen by clicking on add a discount code (read more about this here)
5. Click on Book now to progress to the next stage of the checkout.
6. Bookwhen requires one 'booker' email address per booking. This email address is used for your booking confirmation and event reminders, we will not contact you for anything that isn't directly related to the event you have booked -
7. Next, you will be asked to complete any booking fields that are relevant to your booking. This may include an attendee email address (used for event reminders), attendee names, consent fields, or something else (read more about this here)
8. If your ticket is free of charge, your booking is complete! (please see step 9 below).
If there is a cost associated with your event you will either be able to pay online (via credit or debit card), offline (another method) or given a choice between the two (depending on how your event organiser has set up the event).
Click on the pay by card link and enter your card details. You can mark the remember me box to save time on your next visit. You may also be asked to provide a mobile number for security purposes (this will not be used for any purpose other than the booking).
If you have the option to pay offline you can add a note to your booking in the additional information field. You must tick the agree offline payment terms box to acknowledge that you agree to pay later before you can complete the booking.
9. If you haven't done so previously, you will be asked if you would like to create a password. This is not required, but if you do choose to do so your checkout next time will be quicker, with some fields completed based on the information you have entered.
To create a password click on the link and then follow the instructions we will send to your booker email address (you can read more about creating a password here).